Avsnitt

  • Saknas det avsnitt?

    Klicka här för att uppdatera flödet manuellt.

  • Well, hello. 

    大家好

    Welcome back to yet another episode 

    欢迎回到

    of "Catching Up with Ella".

    "Catching Up with Ella"的另一期节目

    Yes, I'm really committed to this podcast. 

    对,这个系列我会坚持做下去的

    (I) swear to god.

    我对天发誓

    If you're here for the first time,

    如果你是第一次来这个节目

    this is basically where I yap about

    这是一个我用英文嘚吧

    some of the interesting things going on in my life

    聊一些我日常生活中发生的一些有趣的事情

    or interesting realizations

    亦或者是对于我的人生

    that I have about my life,

    我悟出的一些有趣的认识

    that hopefully will inspire

    希望这些分享能以一种积极的方式

    or at least provoke you in a positive way.

    启发或者说至少刺激到你

    And I will do my best to keep the words that I use

    而且我会尽力将我使用的单词

    within the most common 3000 range,

    保持在最常见的3000词范围内

    so that as you listen back to the video,

    这样当你回听视频时

    (and I'll speak in a very slow way)

    (而且我会说得很慢)

    that you can understand

    可以不查字典

    without any help of a dictionary,

    仅仅通过上下文

    that you can just kind of understand

    你也能理解

    based on the context.

    大部分的关键词

    That's what I want to accomplish with this podcast.

    这就是我想通过这个播客实现的目标

    I want to entertain and educate

    我想半娱乐、半教学

    because that's how I learned my English as well.

    因为我也是这样学英语的

    I, for the most part,

    我其实大部分时间

    did not read that many textbooks.

    没怎么看语言教科书

    Like, I started with "Family Album USA"

    就,一开始看了一点《走遍美国》

    I started with

    也看了一点

    新概念3,新概念4

    But other than that,

    但除此之外

    I mostly just read.

    我当时主要其实就是阅读(各种语料)

    I watch American television.

    看美剧、

    I occasionally would listen to TED Talks,

    偶尔听Ted演讲

    but as a beginner I did not (do that).

    但作为小白初学者的那时还没开始看这些

    But that's beside the point.

    但这都不是重点

    On today's episode,

    在今天的节目中

    I want to talk about

    我想谈谈

    what happened in the 5 years,

    在过去的5年里(我停更断更的)

    in the past 5 years.

    都发生了什么

    Because if you have been following me for a while,

    因为如果你已经关注我一段时间了

    which I'm hoping you're still sticking around,

    (希望你都还在哈)

    you would notice that between the year 2020 to...

    你会注意到从2020年到..

    even all the way until 2022,

    甚至一直到2022

    I was not posting a lot of videos.

    我都没有发很多视频

    And the videos that I did post

    或者有发视频

    were kind of sporadic,

    也是不稳定、零零碎碎的

    both in terms of how often I post,

    无论是就我的更新频率而言

    and in terms of the specific topics that I post.

    还是就我的视频主题而言

    They were not strictly English-related.

    它们严格意义上来说不是英语相关的

    Or if there were, occasionally,

    即使偶尔发了英语相关的视频

    I would also add topics about my life.

    我也会加入与我的生活相关的主题

    So, it was not apparent.

    所以,当时我的频道内容

    It was not obvious what my channel was about.

    并不是十分清晰

    So then, understandably,

    所以,我也可以理解

    people kind of fell off the wagon, so to speak;

    为什么有人取关

    or they were just upset.

    或者至少有的人不爽

    Like, some people really took it personally

    就,当时甚至有人会因为我没有定期发视频

    that I did not post on a regular schedule

    就觉得我跟他们对着干一样

    and I understand that.

    我也都理解这一点(因为我也会取关长期不更新的博主)

    On Bilibili and YouTube, probably,

    b站和油管的大家

    people didn't care that I wasn't posting regularly,

    可能不会在意我不经常发视频

    but certainly with TikTok or mou,

    但在某音上大家的关注度都是很有限的

    some people stopped following me.

    所以很自然的有些人就取关了

    Because one,

    因为第一

    I was not posting like,

    我当时也很少

    short snippets anymore;

    发短视频了

    And two,

    第二

    I was not posting a lot.

    发视频的频率也明显降低

    Like, I stopped uploading until like very recently...

    就是,直到最近我才开始又稳定上传视频

    I did not start uploading on TikTok again.

    也没怎么做某音

    So I just wanted to address

    所以我只是想聊聊这个

    the elephant in the room,

    大家都纳闷但是一直没捅破窗户纸的话题

    not that anyone cared.

    虽然说也不是所有人都在乎啦

    But for my own journey,

    但对于我自己的疗愈来说

    I think now it's time

    我觉得现在是时候

    that I feel comfortable to talk about it.

    聊这个话题了

    I finally feel somewhat comfortable talking about it.

    我总算觉得可以舒适、自在地聊这件事了

    So, there's basically three levels to it,

    当时我休息

    to my journey.

    基本上有三层原因

    One is the logistical aspect

    第一是后勤、杂事方面多

    during 2020 and 202...

    2020以及202...

    like, I'd say, end of 2021,

    大概20202021年底期间

    we were in the throes of pandemic.

    当时我们正处yq时期

    And it just so happened that I was moving places.

    碰巧我在搬家

    So I had...

    所以我..

    Before 2020,

    2020年之前

    I had lived on my own.

    当时我是自己住

    I had an apartment,

    我自己在外面租公寓

    and a two bedroom apartment.

    和一套两居室的公寓

    And around 2020 was

    然后大约在2020

    when my apartment complex raised the rent.

    我的公寓楼涨了房租

    I had later found out, and this is like,

    虽然后来我才发现... 插个题外话

    what's interesting about America,

    美国很有趣的一点

    I had later found out that...

    也是我后来才发现的一点就是……

    if I had just stuck around and not paid rent,

    如果我赖着不走也不交租

    nobody can do anything to me.

    基本上不会有什么事

    Because a lot of people

    因为在yq期间当时很多人

    were losing their jobs back then,

    都失业了

    and the landlords here,

    而这里的房东

    especially in California,

    尤其是在加州的房东

    landlords don't have the upper hand.

    是没有主动权的很被动

    Like, you cannot evict people that easily,

    不能轻易地赶走租客

    especially during a global health crisis,

    尤其是在全球正值健康危机

    a global economy crisis, rather.

    或者更确切地说是正值经济危机的时候

    But I was a goodie two shoe,

    但我是个乖乖女不想惹事

    I was like:

    所以我就想:

    "You are gonna raise my rent.

    你要涨我房租

    I can't...

    我不能...

    I don't want this.

    我接受不了

    It's not even worth the price."

    公寓根本不值这个价

    So I moved back in with my mom.

    所以我搬回去和我妈一起住

    We actually got a different place

    只不过这次是我们两个人都搬进了一个新的地方

    other than the one

    而不是之前住的

    that I had previously moved out of.

    我搬离的共住处

    You know, before I moved into my apartment,

    就我搬到我自己住的公寓前

    I stayed with my mom in another place.

    我跟我妈住的是另外一个地方


    .... 
  • In today's episode I will talk about what it was like turning 29, what I thought about after my TTPD project, how I've been learning French, what it's like to risk being rejected by a stranger.


    在今天这集里我会跟大家分享我刚过29岁生日的心路历程, 完成TTPD项目以后的感想, 最近学法语的方法 以及我是如何去冒险地和陌生的小哥哥要电话号码的